Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Evolution is a one way process.

What baffles me though is why so many people don't realise it. Now what am I on about?

It's the populace that is always surprised to find how much sharper their kids/nieces/nephews are than they were as children. Of course they get smarter. Of course they will be sharper, more perceptive and worldly (or world weary in some cases) than the previous generation. Do they seriously expect them to get dumber? If any more proof was needed to prove Darwin's theory, then this is it.

Yet I overhear this in every discussion in pretty much every place. Where folks who have children or come in frequent contact with children. Surprised as always they are. Tch!

Which brings me to another point. I here the same parents lamenting as their children get older (aka school), of how their precocious little child is getting moody, rebellious and is slipping down gradewise.

I'd like to direct your attention to a popular T-shirt slogan:
'I was born intelligent, but education ruined me.'

It's the the averge children who are suddenly jumping up the totempole of high grades. The reason? Mindless studying and obedience is what works. Being logical and an Independent thinker gets you labelled as an outcast and troublemaker.

No comments: