Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A good internet connection does make all the difference. I'm discovering new things about the net that I couldn't possibly have done before. Reason? Simple, a bad connection which simply doesn't allow you to stretch your exploratory interests. New phenomena that couldn't have existed before highs-peed internet connections came to be. Like torrent sites and youtube.

Speaking of you-tube, what interests me most about it is the straight-web, short-span webisodes. not something I could really explore before. Of course everyone in the know is aware that its a relatively new phenomena on the internet. 'Relatively' being the keyword.

Why am I blabbing about this right now? One word, Afterworld. I'm a little late arriving in this fandom. Late enough that it's showing on television, which is how I discovered that the episodes are available online. Clever mix of narrative storytelling and 3D imagery I gotta say. The episode's are short, so they wont take too long to load. Makes me wonder if it has anything to do with the current generations short attention span.

No comments: